Paying your rent and service charge

The rent for your shared owner lease is set by Legal & General Affordable Homes.

The terms and mechanism of any increase will be specified in your lease. To see how your landlord, Legal & General Affordable Homes, sets your rent, click the download button below.

How your landlord sets your rent

LGAH Rent Setting Policy.pdf


Manage your home with MyHome

MyHome is the place to manage your home, whenever and wherever is most convenient for you.

With MyHome, you can quickly and easily:

  • Report repairs
  • Make a payment or set up a direct debit
  • Contact us

This safe and secure online service lets you manage your home in your own time, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Register for MyHome here. You just need your account reference number. 

Find out more about MyHome here.

How to pay

Your rent and service charge are paid by Direct Debit, which should be set up as part of your sign-up process.

When to pay

Your rent and service charge are due one month in advance.

What to do if you have a problem with payment

Along with your mortgage. your rent and service charge are the most important payments you need to make, and are a priority above other bills or debts. If you are having problems paying your rent and service charge, the most important thing to do is to let us know as soon as possible.

Please contact us by email, via our online enquiry form.

If you need additional support:

  • Visit - if you can’t pay because your circumstances have changed, their benefit checker may show you if you are entitled to additional benefits
  • Visit Citizens Advice
  • Speak to your local authority

What happens if you don't pay your rent and service charge

If you get into financial difficulties and cannot pay your rent and service charge, we will do our best to support you. Please contact us immediately so that we can discuss the situation with you and offer advice on your options.

However, if you continue to fail to pay your rent or meet any agreed payment plans, we will have no choice but to take legal action and you could lose your home.

If you fall into arrears we will:

  • Contact you to arrange for your payments to be brought up to date
  • If you continue to fail to make payments after our initial contact with you, we may issue a ‘Notice Of Seeking Possession Of Your Property’