Rent and finances

Worried about paying your rent? Not sure which benefits you can claim? Wondering about the impact on you if you're self-employed?

We know that this is an extremely worrying time for many people but we're here to help. Our Income team are working hard to help our customers and will discuss ways to ensure you can keep your rent up to date and deal with any delays to your payment that might be caused if you have to claim benefits.

Have your circumstances changed?

If your circumstances have changed, you may be able to claim Universal Credit, New Style Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or New Style Job Seekers Allowance (JSA).

You can check your entitlement using a benefits checker such as Entitled To or turn2us.

To make a claim for Universal Credit you need to apply online. Watch the official video to find out more.

For more information about applying for benefits, click here.

Further help and advice


We’re also working closely with our partner charity, the Longleigh Foundation, to offer individual hardship grants to those most in need. In response to what is happening as a result of the coronavirus, Longleigh has updated its criteria and application process for the Individual Grants programme, which you can read here.

Paying your rent and managing debt are still really important, even during this uncertain time. If you are experiencing difficulties, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.

There are many ways you can pay your rent - find out more here.

Please take a look at the information below for more advice and support.