How can I get a test for coronavirus?
You can have a test (swab test) to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19).
You can get a free NHS test if:
- You have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- You're getting a test for someone you live with who has symptoms
- You live in England and have been told to get a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
- Your local council asks you to get a test
- You're taking part in a government pilot project
- For more information, visit the NHS website.
For more information, visit the NHS website.
NHS test and trace service
The NHS has introduced a test and trace service to trace the spread of the virus and isolate new infections.
For information about the NHS test and trace service, click here.